Unfortunately, I did not use any measurements when I made this.
What I used:
- For the beef:
- Ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- For the cheese:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups cold milk or evaporated milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 - 4 oz of sharp cheddar cheese (I always use Velveeta)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sour cream
How I did it:
- Boil 2 cups water then add the ground beef, salt, pepper and onion.
- Wait until water evaporates and the beef's oil comes out naturally (make sure not to burn it). I boil the beef to make sure it is fully cooked plus it wont be oily because you didn't use oil (learned this from my mother).
- Add the remaining ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the butter on medium heat then add the flour and whisk together until it turns yellow.
- Add the cold milk or evaporated milk and stir constantly. Bring to a boil.
- Make sure you keeps stirring so it wont burn.
- Add the salt and wait for proper texture to arise.
- Add the cheese now and stir until it melts. Set aside.
That's it. I hope you'll enjoy making and eating this as much as we did! :)
Thank you for reading and God bless :)