Monday, June 25, 2012

Ultimate Nachos

My husband and I love nachos except when we're outside and they give you just a squeeze or two of cheese. So why not make our own nachos at home with unlimited cheese, right?


Unfortunately, I did not use any measurements when I made this.

What I used:
  • For the beef:
    • Ground beef
    • Salt and pepper
    • Paprika
    • Onion
    • Garlic powder
    • 2 cups boiling water
  • For the cheese:
    • 3 tbsp butter
    • 3 tbsp flour
    • 2 cups cold milk or evaporated milk
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 3 - 4 oz of sharp cheddar cheese (I always use Velveeta)
  • Nachos
  • Parsley (for garnish)
  • Tomatoes
  • Iceberg lettuce
  • Sour cream
How I did it:


  • For the beef:

    • Boil 2 cups water then add the ground beef, salt, pepper and onion.
    • Wait until water evaporates and the beef's oil comes out naturally (make sure not to burn it). I boil the beef to make sure it is fully cooked plus it wont be oily because you didn't use oil (learned this from my mother).
    • Add the remaining ingredients and set aside.

  • For the cheese:

    • In a medium sauce pan, heat the butter on medium heat then add the flour and whisk together until it turns yellow.
    • Add the cold milk or evaporated milk and stir constantly. Bring to a boil.
    • Make sure you keeps stirring so it wont burn.
    • Add the salt and wait for proper texture to arise.
    • Add the cheese now and stir until it melts. Set aside.

  • Now put them all together in a serving platter:






  • That's it. I hope you'll enjoy making and eating this as much as we did! :)

    Thank you for reading and God bless :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...